On page SEO
On page SEO or search engine optimization is making sure that your website in search engine as friendly as possible. On-page optimization covers what can be done on the pages of the website itself. On page SEO is the process of optimizing the content of your website. This includes the text, images and links on your website. Anything uploaded to your site's domain is considered on page.
| If your website is not optimized then you have less chance of getting good results in the search engines, here is a quick guide towards good on page SEO:|
|On-Page SEO Checklist:
- Always start with keyword selection, research and testing
- Meta Description tag
- ALT tags
- H1 tags
- URL structure
- Internal linking strategy
- Keyword density
- Site maps, both XML and user facing
- Usability and accessibility
- Track target keywords
|Some points to be remember on doing on page optimization:
- Make sure that the title you have a unique title which no one has used it on the internet and also well targeted to your expected audience.
- Make sure that you have unique content on every single page.
- Make sure that your meta-tags are arranged correctly - your page title tags and description tags should describe the content of your different web pages. The page title tags should be less than 68 characters and the description tags more detailed but less than 148 characters.
- Make sure you label the different headers on your web pages using H tags.
- Make sure that you use descriptive URLs for your images i.e. use synorise.jpg.
- Make sure that you label all of your images with descriptive alt attributes.
- Make sure that you make good use of anchor text links within your content.